High Fliers Research Ltd. are looking for enthusiastic, committed and innovative individuals to work as University Managers at 30 leading universities across the UK. All 30 University Managers will provide vital support to the Student Research Manager by coordinating a variety of campus based market research and project management tasks. It is a challenging position for a final year student, but if you are successful you will enjoy competitive benefits and gain invaluable experience to take to future graduate employers.
We are looking for Managers at the following universities:
• Queens University Belfast
• Imperial College London
• Kings College London
• London School of Economics
• St Andrews
• University College London
*Please note: We have no set deadline; applications are processed as they are received and are closed once we have found a suitable candidate at each individual university. Please submit your entire application ASAP to avoid disappointment.
The ideal candidate will be sociable and have a good knowledge of their campus, with connections to societies and clubs. They must be able to plan and organise efficiently; and have the ability to work independently using their initiative to deliver the task at hand on time and to a high standard. Excellent communication and leadership skills are imperative, as the main task will involve recruiting, managing and motivating your own team.
You will conduct a number of tasks during Semesters 1 and 2; the largest of which will be to manage The Times Final Year Student Survey. The results of the Survey will be presented to the UK's top graduate employers in spring 2018.
Semester 1 tasks:
- Form and develop relationships with university media, departments, societies and sports clubs;
- Conduct a brief research task;
- Orchestrate a series of research groups;
- Carry out promotions and ensure sign ups to our paid online surveys;
- Other promotion work using central marketing resources (posters, flyers, emails);
- Recruiting a team of up to 45* students to work as Interviewers for The Times Final Year Student Survey in Semester 2.
*team size is directly proportional to university population.
Semester 2 tasks:
- Completing the recruitment of your team of Interviewers for the survey;
- Organising a training session;
- Managing The Times Final Year Student Survey on campus to ensure your team reaches their target, delivering the sample we need;
- Producing a handover report for next years University Managers and recommending contacts for the position.
All tasks will be fully completed by March 2018 – therefore final year exams will not be impeded upon.
Apply now if you are:
- Entering the final year of your studies in September 2017;
- An outgoing individual with excellent communication skills;
- Reliable and committed;
- Able to rise to a challenge;
- Self-motivated and driven;
- Dedicated and able to give up to 10 hours a week (during busy periods).
- Commitment of up to 2 – 10 hours a week for Semesters 1 and 2;
- Weekly communication with the Student Research Manager;
- Attending an induction day in September 2017 at our London offices (travel expenses paid).
- A competitive salary;
- Flexible working hours;
- A Young Persons Railcard;
- Work experience in management, recruitment, promotion and advertising;
- Invaluable transferable skills;
- Development of social networks and professional contacts;
- An unrivalled insight into the graduate recruitment market;
- Performance based incentives.
- Professional communication with peers and colleagues;
- People management;
- Time management;
- The ability to plan and direct multiple projects efficiently;
- Adhering to deadlines and hitting targets.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR 2017 - 2018 CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
- This form of employment has transferable skills that can be used for any future career;
- The role will be hugely beneficial for graduate applications and interviews as it will provide examples of working autonomously, leading and managing a large team of peers and using initiative to complete tasks and hit targets.